MARKETING FOR CHANGE PROGRAM
A Program for high school students interested in becoming both
marketing experts and leaders of change.
Are you a high school student who feels like they have something more to contribute to the world?
Do you feel like there is a leader inside you waiting for the opportunity to show itself to the world?
Are you interested in learning effective marketing techniques that can be applied to any business?
Do you want to change the lives of girls your own age while you become a more powerful version of yourself?
Then the Marketing for Change program is for you.
Every year, 30 high school students from across Vancouver’s lower mainland are selected to participate in this program worth over $5,000. We are please to be able to offer this program pro-bono thanks to sponsorship we receive and the time donated by marketing and leadership professionals.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All high school students in grades 10 - 12 attending a high school in Vancouver’s lower mainland.
This program has no requirements.
CORE SKILLS DEVELOPED IN THIS PROGRAM
- How to run a meeting
- How to manage and be part of a team
- Effective leadership skills
- Creative messaging
- Public speaking
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Time management
- Basic accounting
- Strategy and planning
- Community engagement
- Social Media
- Ongoing video pen pal program with girls in Ghana who are benefitting from your marketing and fundraising initiatives
- Workshops from some of Vancouver's most seasoned marketing and leadership professionals
- A personal student coach & mentor and graduate of the program who will act as your guide
- A reference for university and job applications (provided after graduation)
- Volunteer hours
- Opportunity to be nominated and/or awarded Create Change Youth Changemaker of the year awards
- Access to future Create Change Canada Youth Programs post-graduation
- A passion to ignite change in the world
- A desire to grow into an effective leader
- An interest in learning how to use marketing to affect social change
- The program runs from September - May
- 2 - 6 hours a week (including mandatory Friday night meeting)
- Friday night meetings and workshops from 5:30-7:30pm in downtown Vancouver
We are currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. The next Marketing for Change program launch is in September, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this program please fill out the form below and we will get back to you shortly. Application deadlines for the 2017 - 2018 school year is July 31st, 2017. Interviews will be held in August, 2017 before the program launches in September, 2017.