SOCIAL ENTERPRISE LAUNCH
A real world opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs
Are you interested in starting your own business one day?
Would you like to learn by planning to launch a real life social enterprise?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a cross-cultural team with girls your own age living in Northern Ghana?
Then consider applying to our Social Enterprise Launch program, for youth who want to gain experience in planning and implementing the launch of a small business in Northern Ghana. The business will act as a training school for girls, and the profits made will be reinvested back into girls' education.
Participants of this program work in a team of peers, and are linked with a local business in a related field to the social enterprise, who provides both guidance and mentorship alongside Create Change volunteers and advisors. They will also be paired with a team of girls in Ghana, and through online video meetings they will work together to plan a successful launch and operation of the enterprise.
As part of the enterprise launch, participants will partner with the advising local business to fundraise for the social enterprise's future trainees, ensuring they have the necessary educational foundation to successfully operate the business.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Youth ages 16 - 25.
Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship. Preference will be given to Marketing for Change graduates.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS PROGRAM
- Marketing Strategies
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Training and employee management
- Customer Service
- Product design and quality control
- Sales and networking
- Community Engagement
- Fundraising strategy & implementation
- Event planning
- Mentorship and guidance from one of Vancouver's most successful businesses
- An opportunity to work with girls in Ghana to co-launch the business
- Expert leadership coaching to help you succeed
- Advice and guest lectures from seasoned professionals as required
- The opportunity to travel to Ghana to assist in the launch or growth of the social enterprise
- A passion to ignite change in the world
- A desire to grow into an effective business leader
- A keen interest in gaining experience in planning and implementing the launch of a business
- An effective team player who enjoys working in a team
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship
- Able to take initiative, stay organized, and meet deadlines as they are assigned
- 10 - 20 hours per month including weekly meetings.
- The program will run for six months from July - December 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this program please fill out the form below and we will get back to you shortly. The application deadlines for our July 2017 start date is May 31st, 2017. Interviews will be held in June 2017.