SOCIAL ENTERPRISE LAUNCH
A real world opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs
Are you interested in starting your own business one day?
Would you like to learn by managing a real social enterprise?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a cross-cultural team with girls your own age living in Northern Ghana?
Then consider applying to our Social Enterprise Launch program, for youth who want to gain experience planning and/or managing small business in Northern Ghana. The business will act as a training school for girls, and the profits made will be reinvested back into girls' education.
Participants of this program work in a team of peers, and are given both guidance and mentorship alongside Create Change volunteers and advisors. They will also be paired with a team of girls in Ghana, and through online video meetings they will work together to plan a successful launch and operation of the enterprise.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Youth ages 16 - 25.
Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship. Preference will be given to Marketing for Change graduates.
POTENTIAL TOPICS COVERED IN THIS PROGRAM
- Marketing Strategies
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Training and employee management
- Customer Service
- Product design and quality control
- Sales and networking
- Community Engagement
- Fundraising strategy & implementation
- Event planning
- Online Sales
- Mentorship and guidance from Vancouver's best professionals
- An opportunity to work with girls in Ghana to co-launch and/or manage the business
- Expert leadership coaching to help you succeed
- Advice and guest lectures from seasoned professionals
- The opportunity to travel to Ghana to assist in the launch or growth of the social enterprise
- A passion to ignite change in the world
- A desire to grow into an effective business leader
- A keen interest in gaining experience in planning and implementing the launch of a business
- An effective team player who enjoys working in a team
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship
- Able to take initiative, stay organized, and meet deadlines as they are assigned
- 10 - 20 hours per month including weekly meetings.
- The program will run for six months from July - December 2017.
Please see the following social enterprises we are currently running programs for:
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this program please fill out the form below and we will get back to you shortly. The application deadlines for our July 2017 start date is May 31st, 2017. Interviews will be held in June 2017.