SOCIAL ENTERPRISE PROGRAM:
THE DESIGN COMPANY
Are you interested in gaining experience running a company? Then consider joining Create Change’s Design Company, which provides students with the opportunity to take a leading role in building and running a business selling designer handmade products from West Africa. From branding to budgeting and forecasting to sales, join Create Change's team to gain valuable experience managing a company, while empowering girls in West Africa to get an education.
As part of their role managing the company, participating youth will be responsible for planning pop-up events, building retail partners, leading online sales, developing and maintaining a home party network, and leading sales at craft markets around the province. All profits from the business will go towards supporting girls' education and empowerment programs in Ghana. Don't miss this incredible opportunity to be involved in cutting edge social enterprise led by Canadian youth.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Youth ages 16 - 25.
Demonstrated interest in business, fashion or design. Preference will be given to Create Change Marketing for Change alumni but all youth are welcome to apply.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS PROGRAM
- Branding and promotional materials
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Networking and sales
- Online sales and marketing
- Building retail partners
- Event planning and promotion
- Community Engagement
- Marketing & PR
- Mentorship and guidance from Create Change's board of directors
- An opportunity to gain experience running a company while giving back
- Networking opportunities
- A passion to ignite change in the world
- A desire to gain work experience and receive mentorship from seasoned professionals
- Demonstrated interest in business, fashion, home décor or related field
- An effective team player who enjoys working in a team
- Able to take initiative, stay organized, and meet deadlines as they are assigned
- 15 - 20 hours per month including weekly / bi-weekly meetings.
- Minimimum commitment is 6 months (July 2017 - December 2017).
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Create Change's Design Company seeks to become a major source of fundraising for the organization, through the sale of a thoughtfully curated collection of hand made artisan products from West Afrcian. Some of the products are created by girls who are part of Create Change's design training program in Tamale, Ghana, and some are purchased directly from local artisans whom Create Change has developed relationships with from all over West Africa. With girls leading the Design Company at Create Change's operation in Ghana, Create Change has also created a program for youth in Canada to play a leading role in the Design Company's Canadian operation.
Create Change's Design Company will offer a selection of handmade products from West Africa, many produced by girls from our Design Company training program in Ghana. Products will include jewelry, fashion, and home décor items.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the Design Company Program please fill out the form below. The next application deadline in June 30th.