ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Program Coordinator who is incredibly organized, to manage a High School Leadership Program. The program is designed to empower local youth to fundraise for girls living in poverty to attend high school in Northern Ghana. It is a fantastic and inspiring program, watching youth grow their confidence and become leaders of change for girls their own age half way across the world. This position is for someone who has a passion for empowering young people, and who will go the extra mile to make sure they succeed.
This is a very part time position and will require approximately 24 hours per month (6 hours per week), including overseeing weekly Friday evening meetings from 5:30pm to 7:00pm, where students meet to learn and prepare marketing and fundraising campaigns.
A variety of professionals and speakers will facilitate the Friday meetings, but the Youth Coordinator is responsible for setting up Friday meetings, tracking youth progress, keeping inventory of products students sell for fundraising, and providing students with weekly updates via email and social media. All work can be done remotely except for the Friday night meetings.
- Facilitate Friday meetings based on set out curriculum, to inspire active leadership and teach basic planning and strategy skills
- Build strong relationships with students, and act as a mentor and a coach
- Organize weekly Friday evening workshops including snacks and reviewing key dates in the program schedule
- Reach out to speakers to coordinate presentation
- Design an e-mail weekly updates for enrolled students
- Keep track of students’ attendance, performance and engagement and provide a weekly fundraising progress report with recommendations of how to improve the program
- Manage a pen-pal program between Vancouver and Ghanaian high school students
- Assist in preparing any student related events
- Providing mentorship and guidance to youth to improve teams' performance
- Experience working with youth
- Outstanding administration and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An overwhelmingly positive attitude
- Must have a passion for community building
- Active on social media considered and asset
- Experience working in marketing will be considered asset
- Experience acting as a mentor, coach, or other role related to empowering youth will be considered an asset
- MUST have a driver's license and access to a car
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV to info@ createchangenow.ca. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so there is no application date. This position is still open as long as it is still listed.